Musashi collects, holds and uses personal information in the following areas:
- Business partners; Consumer information is usually collected via promotions, competitions, consumer queries and subscriber forms. The information may include:
- your name, address, contact number(s), gender, age and email address
- information about your preference for goods or services we offer from time to time
- details of any prizes you may have won
- a record of any queries you have made
Purposes for collecting the information
Wherever possible, Musashi collects this information directly from you. We use it for the following purposes:
- to contact you directly about Musashi, its brands, special offers, samples and other promotions
- to reward you for being a loyal Musashi customer
- to inform you of Musashi products or publications we think you might be interested in
- to approve transactions you wish to make
- to confirm your identity
- to provide you with products you have requested
- to follow up or pursue any queries you make.
Sending to a friend
By using the send to a friend feature, you're requesting a message be sent to another person via email. Below is important information about using this send to a friend facility.
- An email will be sent to each recipient(s) you specify.
- The email that is sent will display that the email is from your email address and may include your name in the message area.
- If the recipient of the message replies to the message, then the reply will go back to your email address.
- If an address provided on the send to a friend form is invalid, or if the email cannot be delivered for other reasons, you may receive a failure notice from a remote mail system in response to the message.
- Should the details of the send to a friend request not comply with any terms and conditions of any promotion associated with the request, the message will not be sent.
How we manage personal information
Musashi is dedicated to keeping personal information secure. This includes physical security, computer and network security, communications security and personnel security.
Important Information on Promotions, competitions & other marketing activities
All entries become the property of the Promoter and are held for up to 6 months after the prize draw date. After this, they are then destroyed in a secure manner.
Musashi may enter your details into a database for the purpose of contacting you directly about Musashi, its brands, special offers, samples and other promotions unless otherwise advised by you.
You can advise us if you would prefer not to be directly contacted by visiting firstname.lastname@example.org and providing your details or by calling 1800 851 312.
You may also request an update or correction of the information we hold on you by putting the request in writing to the Musashi Privacy Officer. Contact details are outlined below under 'Access, and correction of details'.
Winners' details and a description of the prizes will be entered on a database to comply with record-keeping requirements of relevant Australian State and Territory lotteries and gaming legislation. Details will also be published in accordance with the terms and conditions of each promotion.
Musashi does not sell, rent or otherwise make available any personal information to third parties. Musashi outsources certain business functions to other organisations. For this purpose, and only for the purpose of providing services to Musashi, personal information may, as required, be transferred to or handled by:
Access and correction of details
You can access personal information Musashi holds on you by contacting the Privacy Officer in writing. If the information held is inaccurate, incomplete or not up to date you may request Musashi to correct the information. If you are concerned about a possible interference with your privacy, please contact the Privacy Officer, by completing the 'Contact Us' form to contact Musashi's Privacy Officer via e-mail.
* Musashi is a division of Nestlé Australia Ltd.
our related companies
organisations which provide services to us, such as mailing houses, promotion and advertising agencies
credit reference agencies or other credit providers
government or statutory authorities.